Stratus EMR and Stratus Practice are designed around the principle of freeing up your time so you can see more patients.
Our software features help you increase efficiency and stay focused on treating patients.
- Customizable templates for your most common treatments, which means a standard visit can be documented in less than a minute
- Ability to generate printable referral forms
- Quick access to treatment histories and lab results, as well as customizable lab reports
- Automatic eligibility verification with most insurance companies — can be run overnight for the next day’s patients so you know in advance if a patient will have insurance issues
- Seamless electronic claims submissions with real-time notification of denied claims and overdue payments
- Customizable e-mail notifications to doctors about charts they need to review and sign
- Web-based system, which means clinics don’t need to worry about maintaining servers, backing up data, etc.
- Data storage in a HIPAA-compliant, SAS Level II data center with nightly backups
- Intuitive user interfaces that require minimal training and experience to use
What our Clients Say
Stratus EMR was founded in 2010 with the goal of bringing usable and meaningful software to the field of addiction medicine. We’ve worked closely with providers, front-office staff and billing professionals in addiction practices since our start. We like to think this close collaboration contributes to the value of our software.
Stratus EMR is based in Easthampton, MA.
President and Founder
Peter founded Stratus EMR in 2010 to offer state of the art medical record software to addiction clinics. He focuses on developing and seeking out innovative new features that ensure Stratus EMR will excel in its position as an industry leader for addiction clinics. Under Peter’s direction, Stratus EMR was one of the first software products to offer e-prescribing of controlled substances. Stratus EMR is also poised to be one of the first products to incorporate an electronic version of the American Society of Addiction Medicine’s Patient Placement Criteria. Peter is continuing to guide Stratus EMR in its place as a developer and early adopter of technologies beneficial to addiction medicine, and medicine as a whole.
Prior to starting Stratus EMR, Peter worked as the Director of Software Development at Emergent Billing, a medical billing company. He also has experience working clinically in outpatient addiction treatment centers
Chief of Software Development
Geri joined Stratus EMR in 2013 as the Chief of Software Development. Geri leads Stratus EMR's engineering strategy, focusing on ensuring that the software driving Stratus EMR conforms to the latest technology standards, is well-engineered, operable, maintainable and delivered on schedule. She is responsible for recruiting the top-notch talent who work to extend the cutting-edge features in the EMR, as well as for putting the systems in place that allow Stratus EMR's software developers to work efficiently and produce a well-designed, consistent, and easy to use product.
Geri has her PhD in applied mathematics from the University of Michigan. Her research involved developing and implementing a novel numerical method for computer simulations of ocean water waves on infinite domains. Before joining Stratus EMR, she also worked as a software developer at SAIC, where she used her expertise to implement and refine algorithms being used on products with military applications.
Client Support Manager
Sarah joined Stratus EMR in 2014 as the Client Support Manager. She cheerfully provides technical and functional assistance to our clients, whether it be taking a phone call from a provider who would like to learn more about e-prescribing or answering an email from a clinic manager looking to customize a treatment template.
Sarah has 15 years of experience working in customer support roles for Xerox, Pitney Bowes and Subway World Headquarters. Providing clients with the answers they need in a friendly, professional and timely manner is not only something she is familiar with, it’s her forte. Her job isn't done until your question or concern is resolved.
When Sarah isn't providing our busy Stratus EMR clients with the high level of support they deserve, she is attending Westfield State University, working on her B.S. degree in Business Management/Marketing. She also loves baking and exploring beautiful New England – by foot, car or kayak.